Thursday, May 13, 2010

In whose hands


Over the last week I have run across several occasions where animals are put into situations beyond their control.
There were the pigs last Saturday that were in an open trailer, no shelter from the wind, rain and cold on their way too and from the fairgrounds. There were the dogs being made to fight on Dr Phil, and today on animal planet dogs that are left to starve in the cold, or left to fend for themselves on the streets.
It is all about the hands their in, dogs, cats, even showpigs in the right hands thrive. Same thing can be said for kids. In my job I see kids everyday and wonder if in different hands, how would they be different?
I'm so very thankful for the hands that I was raised by, and the hands that raised my parents. The legacy that has been past along from my grandparents to my parents and on to me is one I treasure.

2 comments: