Tuesday, August 3, 2010

To go or not to go

We leave for state fair tomorrow. Part of me would rather stay home. This summer has sped by at a blistering pace. I blinked and it was gone. I go back to work the day after we get home, not long after that we take Mike to IU. He is staying home from state fair to try to get a little more time with his HS friends before everyone leaves. I don't blame him, but I'll miss him while we are at state fair. First time ever that we will go down to state fair incomplete. I'll ask for a table for 6 for the first time when we go out to eat.
I know we will have a good time, and Mike will here. Jayme and Sara both want to show spots at state fair, Sara for a plaque, and Jayme for a jacket when they complete the required time. The kids will swim in the hotel pool and make new friends from around the state, and reconnect with old ones. Staying home has it's positives, but going does as well. So we will go, and life will speed along faster and faster. Sometimes I'd just like a time out.

1 comment:

  1. I understand: we are less then eighteen days away from a wedding, eleven months from number two leaving and less then four years from an empty nest.

    Life is not for the faint of heart. You will make it and it will hurt sorry.

    ReplyDelete