Thursday, August 12, 2010

First day

First day of school is tomorrow. Will be nice to get paychecks again, but I miss what little free time I did have this summer. Tomorrow will have some tears, never fails that we get some from the kindergartners, and after looking at class lists, there may be tears from some teachers. The growth that these little guys go through from August to May is amazing. They really change so much, at least most of them do. They go from these scared little kids, to kids that are confident in what they are doing, can serve them selves in the lunch line and most of them can open their own milk.
This is also the start of the last year I will have one of my kids in my building. Will be a little different next year, but there are a lot of kids in my building that I look on as my own. I know they aren't having the best time of it at their own home. My thoughts and prayers go with them often, wondering what they would be like in a different home. One with parents that care.
It is in those moments, when I hear stories of what some kids have to deal with at home, that I realize how lucky I was, and how lucky my kids are to have what we have. My family isn't perfect, but it is one I can always count on in times of trouble, and I can always count on them being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment