Sunday, January 23, 2011

Life changing moments

God's timing is so perfect, it never ceases to amaze me. 18 years ago, dear friends of mine left our church to start a church for the unchurched, those people that either didn't grow up in the church or had been burned in "traditional" church. We didn't make that move with them, even though they were dear friends. Life happened, and 18 years later we have reconnected.
They are about as real as it gets, and have helped my faith grow tremendously, and helped me discover a spiritual gift I didn't know I had been given.
This all leads to the opportunity for my girls to go on a youth retreat.
They went up to Mears MI for Winter blast. I pushed two of them to go, Sara wanted to go without hesitation. They came back tired, had a fun time. But best of all, they all answered God's call on their life and made the commitment to follow Him. Love love LOVE it, and LOVE them.
It isn't the easy path, but it is the one most worth it.

2 comments:

  1. How terrific. I am sure my Mom and Dad are rejoicing in heaven with God's angels. I found a note in Mom's Bible that said her one prayer was that all her family would make the choice to follow Christ.

    ReplyDelete