Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weeds and people

I was out in the garden this morning, running a rake over it to knock out the weeds. So far so good, and it looks really nice, a record for me, usually it is starting to pay the price of neglect as I have helped the kids more in the past with 4H animals. This year they are doing much more, and I have been able to stay ahead of the weeds.
While I was out this morning, I found a plant that looked to be weed free, started to move on when I looked a little closer. Up through the plant were a couple of pig weeds, blended in quite nicely with the flower, easy to miss at first glance. It was then when it hit me, it's just like church. At first glance, things look good, on the surface everyone is as they seem. But get a little deeper, start to get a closer look and you start to see things you hadn't before. Works that way with people, none of us are perfect, but that surface level often turns out to be different once you get a little deeper. Sometimes for the better, but unfortunately sometimes for the worse.  

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that the truth! You always need to look closer to understand what is there. But sometimes it is nice to see it all blending well.
    (ps..what's a pig weed?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on both sides of this, been surprised and disapointed, and been thought less of by some at first, until they got to know me.
    Pig weed looks like this
    http://www.gardenguides.com/858-pigweed-weed.html
    I have a fair amount of it, and lambs quarter trying to make a home in my garden,fairly easy to uproot when you catch them early enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am a stink weed, keep up the weeding!

    Trying Anonymous as I still cant reply to you and your mom?

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have it wide open, anyone can post, wonder what's going on? You show up as anonymous now :-( Any thoughts??

    ReplyDelete