Friday, June 10, 2011

girls vs guys


Michael used to have a group of friends over often. Just a few more guys than gals, but a nice mix. And while I try to be somewhat scarce, I can't help but hear what is going on, may not understand much of it, but I hear the chatter, and laughter. I didn't realize just how different the dynamics could be when you switch the ratio of guys to gals. Elizabeth has had a group of friends over a couple of times now, tonight they are here and it is fascinating to listen to the difference. When they say that females say about 20k words compared to the guys at around 7k I believe it. Have a house full of teenage girls, and you will quickly know it to be true. They aren't loud or obnoxious about it, but they all talk a LOT and they often all talk at once! Makes my head spin even thinking about trying to keep up. It is a good group of kids, and I'm glad to have them here. I'm going to enjoy the quiet for a bit as they have made a run to wally world, soon they will be back filling the house with laughter which is a joy as well. I am very thankful that my kids have good friends to hang with. Love these girls!!

1 comment:

  1. Awe Mary~ I miss that endless chatter. It's not the same once they grow up. We have had some college girlfriends over, but they have changed. Quieter, polite, and fewer at a time.
    Enjoy it my dear!

    ReplyDelete