Saturday, February 19, 2011

Things that fill my Joy bucket

Watching my kids get along and love each other

First really warm day after winter

Cool breeze on a warm day

Smell of fresh mown hay

Calves running and kicking up their heels in the pasture after being cooped up

Being with my family at a livestock show, working and playing together

Chinese fire drills, getting back in the van with everyone laughing so hard

My PV kids finding me out in public, and stopping to give me a hug or a high five

Music, music and more music

Good sermon on Sunday morning

Leaving an unexpected gift for someone on their doorstep

Watching my kids share their gift of music, on the field and in the concert hall

Baby pigs

Sunshine, blue skies fluffy white clouds

Cut flowers on my table

Quiet time with a good book, and the Good Book

First time in spring driving with the windows down

The words I love you spoken from my loved ones

Hugs

God's still, small voice

The smell of rain in the distance

Thunderstorms

Winter wheat showing signs of life in the spring, greenest thing around that time of year

Eating supper together as a family

4 comments:

  1. Mary~ This was Splendid! You gave me a smile this evening. I agree with every single one for my own bucket list... Baby pigs? yeah they are adorable, although Baby anything makes me Giddy!
    Love to you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait till you have grandchildren-and they run to you when you see them and call you by whatever name you will go by. There is nothing better:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Janis, I am working on finding joy more than not. It's there, I just have to work harder to find it some days. Love back at you Janis!!
    I am going to live vicariously through Tara this May when Chels has her baby. Can't wait. I love that kid like she was my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glass is always full not half anything else! Love yor list, everyone loves baby pigs. Nancy wants one of those dwarf pigs!

    ReplyDelete